- develop language awareness and competence through an integrated syllabus that focuses on skills (communication , listening and reading comprehension, writing, presentation skills) the key grammar and vocabulary essential to the business professional;
- build confidence in working in English with effective communicative strategies for workplace situations: exchanging information, finding solutions, reacting in stressful situations, telephoning, negotiating, planning, giving advice, dealing with enquiries, writing formal letters and e-mails, completing forms, etc.
- bring the working world into the classroom with authentic material from companies working in business environment;
- learn cultural sensitivity – providing background information about Poland and the students’ country of origin.
Semantic and lexical items:
- types of companies and their structure,
- talking about your job,
- writing an email and minutes.
- different management styles,
- choosing management strategy,
- breaking into new market,
- culture specific aspects of business,
- giving short presentation,
- writing proposal and recommendations.
- executive pay in different countries,
- multi-part verbs,
- salaries and share options,
- evaluating performance,
- objective-oriented and flexible cultures,
- writing a formal memo.
- Present Simple and Present Continuous,
- Future forms,
- Adjectives and adverbs,
- Modal verbs,
- Present Perfect and Past Simple.
Semantic and lexical items
- brands management,
- marketing mix,
- different marketing methods – cultural differences specific to the students’ country of origin,
- preparing a presentation of an advertisement.
- the Profit and Loss Account,
- corporate governance,
- formal and informal presentations – referring to visuals,
- describing trends and performance.
- Human Resources,
- the application process,
- small talk and personal space – cultural differences specific to the students’ country of origin,
- writing CV/Resume, covering letter, attending an interview.
- Comparatives and superlatives,
- Conditional sentences,
- Relative pronouns – defining and non-defining relative clauses,
- word building.