The goal of the subject is to provide students with a basic knowledge of how to create, promote and market a tourist product. They prepare a tourist product offering for various market segments, documentation relating to the organization of a tourist event, and an advertising campaign for a specific tourist product. Students will acquire skills enabling them to project, plan, organize and estimate the cost of a campaign to advertise tourist events for various market segments.
- Major concepts associated with tourist traffic, types and classification of tourist traffic;
- Tourist product: structure, life cycle, characteristics of product peculiarities in tourism;
- Tourism market, tourism demand and supply;
- Inquiry, advertising and propaganda in tourism;
- Characteristics and classification of tourist services;
- Types of travel agencies, their activity and characteristics of offerings;
- Selected elements of the courier/tour guide profession;
- Tourist Services Act;
- Agreements used in tourism (signed with providers or customers);
- Documents used in the handling of domestic and international tourist traffic;
- Insurance coverage in tourism;
- Milestones of a tourist event.